- The behavior rules set out in my class syllabus apply here.
- Don’t be an edgelord.
- Don’t be an asshole.
- Don’t double down when you are called out. Apologize, reflect, and improve.
- Nothing NSFW. No nudity, gore, etc.
- You may be asked to change your avatar or username for the server if they are inappropriate.
- No pepes/groypers.
- If you’re not aware, pepe the frog has been appropriated as a mascot for… bad things.
- If you enjoy those things, please leave. Like, drop my class. I’m not kidding! Go!
- Sometimes discussion can take a serious turn.
- It’s okay as long as everyone (myself included!!) stays respectful.
- But if you think it’s getting out of hand, let me know.
- If you see 💾🐴 that means “discourse” (disk-horse)
- It means “this is probably getting too serious, let’s stop talking”
- it’s a reference to the long-gone
#discourse channel which was a terrible mistake
- I’ve never played Katamari Damacy.
- The server is called that cause I used to have separate servers for each class but then I “rolled them all up” into one and I thought it was a funny pun
#help: links to pages like this one.
#welcome: where you are placed when you first sign up. If you didn’t respond to the bot’s initial DM, say
!id and the bot will DM you.
#cs0449 etc. discussion for students in that class, about that class.
#valhalla: only people who have survived a term with me can see this one ;o
#geggneral: general chat. if it doesn’t fit into any of the special channels below, it goes here.
#programming: non-school-related programming discussion/questions
#school: anything relating to school (other classes, enrollment, questions for other people etc.)
#memes: haha funny joek (but remember the rules)
#pets: pics and vids of your own pets (try not to just post internet pics please)
#games: video games and sports!
#planes: some people are really into airplanes.